Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bacon

I wish my last name was Bacon.  Then I could name a son Chris P. 

My brother and his wife considered awarding Abbey the middle name "Normal".  As wonderful as it is, having the same middle name as her, I really sort of like Abbey Normal.

Yesterday, I woke up thinking it was Saturday.  I was upstairs getting a cup of coffee and it occurred to me, I couldn't remember it if was Saturday or Sunday.  "Oh well, I'll check on the computer, when I get downstairs."

"Tuesday?"  I thought there's something wrong with my calendar.  That's the right date but...

It took fifteen minutes to really  get on board with the fact that not only do I have to go to work, but it's the beginning of the week.  [sigh]  It's like I flew from here to Japan four times, in one day, somehow and now it's four days ago.

Until about 11AM, I still had this odd, "Groundhog Day" feeling going on.  Rip van Winkle.  Like none of this is right.  I went back in time.

Unfortunately I didn't go back far enough to see dinosaurs.  At least that would have been more fun.  Until I got eaten.  And then we'd probably find out that the reason they all died out was that I gave them smallpox or something.  Just as the herd of raptors was closing in [ACHOO!] and they all fell over dead.  Turned out I was immune to dinosaurs!  Good for me... bad for them.  Today is not your day triceratops.  And the next 160M years are not looking good either.  Sure they'd be upset but I can't be responsible for Snarkasaurus Regina's bad day in the Bitchyolithic era.

Like Popeye, I am what I am.  My superpower is "Impervious to dinosaurs!"  Which I guess we all have since I don't know *anyone* who has been eaten by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment